Wednesday 3 April 2019

Time

I suppose at least this one has got me thinking. NaPoWriMo Day 3 - something that happens over any appreciable length of time. Yep, it's got me thinking that I should've participated in Camp Nano instead.

Maybe it's just that immediate I-have-no-thoughts reaction to a difficult question. I think I'll have to let this one steep awhile. I'll be back.

Perennial

I saw you in the bright days
Standing tall
Blue brighter than the sky

I watched as cold winds curled you
And you retreated
From the too-short days and bitter nights

Endless waiting
No sign
Nothing to show a life in stasis

Each day bare

Empty

I stopped watching for you
Stopped expecting
Stopped

Other friendships formed
Dancing yellow in the brightening breeze
I had forgotten you

Until you sent a message
Tentative
Tender

A promise

I will see you again

-×-

That delphinium was truly beautiful last summer. It's currently romping away in its pot by the door and I'm just hoping we don't get a nasty cold spell to upset it.

That's me done for today. I'm off to be creative in other ways. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment